Related Practice Areas
- Criminal Defense
- Business & Commercial Litigation
- Expungement & Sealing
- Civil Rights / Gov’t Liability
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
Ben Sorber joined DiCaudo, Pitchford & Yoder in 2014. Since joining the firm, his practice focuses largely on criminal defense and corporate litigation. His areas of representation include misdemeanor and felony charges, pre-charge representation, trials, and appeals. Mr. Sorber also devotes a portion of his practice to representing individuals with petitions to seal or expunge past criminal records. In addition to his criminal practice, Mr. Sorber also represents municipalities, corporations, and individuals in litigation matters ranging from civil rights violations to contract disputes.
Mr. Sorber’s practice focuses heavily on litigation in both state and federal courts. While at DiCaudo, Pitchford & Yoder, Mr. Sorber been included annually in Super Lawyers’® list of Rising Stars™, a distinction awarded to less than 2.5% of all attorneys in Ohio.
Prior to joining DiCaudo, Pitchford and Yoder in 2014, Mr. Sorber served as the judicial clerk for Judge Jerry K. Larson, Presiding Judge of the Akron Municipal Court. As a judicial clerk, he assisted the court with criminal cases, traffic violations, and civil matters.
Mr. Sorber graduated from the Akron University School of Law in 2014 and received his Bachelor of Arts in English and Political Science from Binghamton University in 2011. Throughout law school, Mr. Sorber competed on the University of Akron’s nationally ranked trial team where he succeeded in national and regional competitions, receiving top honors at the National Trial Advocacy Competition.
Mr. Sorber is an active member of the Ohio Bar Association and is licensed by the Supreme Court of Ohio, United States Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals, and United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio.
See client reviews for Ben Sorber.
- Individuals who have been charged with misdemeanors and felonies in state and federal court. Advocates for clients whose constitutional rights have been violated in regard to wrongful arrests, baseless traffic stops, and illegally obtained evidence.
- Sealing or expungement of past criminal records to help people gain new employment opportunities and restore rights lost after their conviction.
- National and local corporations in civil litigation for matters ranging from contract disputes to employment liability issues.
- J.D., University of Akron School of Law (2014)
- B.A., Binghamton University (2011)
Professional and Community Affiliations
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Stache Strong Inc., a 501(c)(3) supporting brain cancer research – Board of Directors
- Special Olympics Ohio
- Special Olympics New York – Broome-Tioga, Past Member of Board of Directors