Related Practice Areas
- Local Government
- Criminal Defense
- Business & Commercial Litigation
- Civil Rights / Gov’t Liability
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
Ben Sorber graduated from the Binghamton University in 2011 with a Bachelors of Arts in English and Political Science. In 2014, Mr. Sorber received his Juris Doctor from the Akron University School of Law. Throughout law school, Mr. Sorber competed on the University of Akron’s nationally ranked trial team where he received top honors at the National Trial Advocacy Competition.
Mr. Sorber has worked for the Summit County Public Defender’s Office and served as the judicial clerk for Judge Jerry K. Larson, Presiding Judge of Akron Municipal Court, where he dealt with traffic violations, misdemeanors, and civil matters including collections and landlord-tenant law. In 2014, Mr. Sorber accepted an associate position with DiCaudo, Pitchford & Yoder.
Mr. Sorber is an active member of both the Ohio State Bar and Akron Bar Associations and continues to volunteer with the University of Akron’s trial advocacy program.
- Represents municipalities, corporations, and individuals in civil litigation in matters ranging from contract disputes, personal injury, and collections.
- Represents individuals who have been charged with misdemeanors and felonies in state and federal court. Advocates for clients whose constitutional rights have been violated in regard to wrongful arrests, baseless traffic stops, and illegally obtained evidence.
- Represents commercial and residential property owners in eviction proceedings and lease disputes.
- 2014 J.D., University of Akron School of Law
- 2011 B.A., Binghamton University
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Akron Bar Association
- Special Olympics New York – Broome-Tioga, Past Member of Board of Directors