Related Practice Areas
- Employment and Government Litigation
- Business & Commercial Litigation
- Complex Criminal Defense
- General Counsel & Business Planning Services
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
J. Reid Yoder is a lifelong resident of Akron, Ohio. He attended The University of Miami and graduated with a Bachelors of Arts degree in Political Science in 2000. Mr. Yoder attended The University Of Akron School of Law and received his Juris Doctorate in 2003.
He accepted employment with the City of Akron Prosecutor’s Office after graduating, where he honed his skills as a trial attorney for over four years. He has lectured at the Akron Police Academy on numerous topics, including criminal procedure and police testimony. In 2007, Mr. Yoder left the Prosecutor’s Office and began his career in private practice.
Mr. Yoder has tried numerous high-profile cases and is certified by the Ohio Public Defenders Office to handle Capital Murder cases. Mr. Yoder’s practice is focused on complex criminal defense, employment law, civil rights and creditor’s rights. He resides in West Akron with his wife and three children.
- Represents national manufacturers as general counsel and oversees litigation and transactions across the country
- Defends police officers and public entities in civil rights, employment, discrimination and public liability matters
- Represents individuals and companies in civil and criminal matters in both state and federal courts
- Serves as lead counsel for several corporations in their creditor’s rights and collections efforts
- 2003 J.D., The University of Akron, School of Law
- 2000 B.A., Miami University
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Criminal Justice Act