Posted By DiCaudo, Pitchford & Yoder
When you are charged with a drug crime, the first step you should take is to seek out an experienced lawyer who is familiar with drug crime laws. Hiring an attorney is important, especially if you want to preserve your reputation and future. In addition to the damage that these charges can have on your livelihood, they also carry heavy punishments and penalties. The following factors can impact the severity of your punishment:
- What kind of drug you are accused of using or possessing
- The amount of drugs involved in the crime
- The amount of people involved in the crime
- The reason you are in possession of an illegal substance
- The location of the crime
- Your previous criminal record
Because of the numerous circumstances that might impact your punishment, you should immediately consult with an attorney when you are facing drug charges. Your lawyer can review your charges and determine a strong defense strategy to protect your rights and future.
What a Lawyer Can Do For You
When it comes to drug possession charges, your attorney can use their in depth knowledge of the law to attempt to have your charges reduced or dropped. Below, are a few ways that lawyer can help with your case:
- Collect evidence and track down witnesses who can defend you
- Cross-examine witnesses used by the prosecution to try to discredit their case
- Protect your rights throughout all stages of the hearing process
Drug convictions can result in jail time, expensive fines, and a criminal record that will follow you for the rest of your life. Drug-related charges are fact-specific, so you should hire an experienced attorney if are accused of a drug crime.
At DiCaudo, Pitchford & Yoder, our team of lawyers provide our clients with exceptional legal guidance that is tailored to their unique needs. Our drug crimes attorneys can help you navigate through the complexities of the legal system and get the justice you deserve. Let us put our skills to work for you today.
Contact our Akron team of drug crimes attorneys to get started on your free consultation