Akron’s Premiere Juvenile Defense Lawyers

A minor who commits a crime is a major concern for parents or guardians. If your child or teenager has been charged with a crime, they may be subject to the juvenile criminal court system, which enforces laws differently and carries out different procedures than a criminal justice system for adults. You will want professional legal representation from a criminal defense lawyer for your child. DiCaudo, Pitchford, and Yoder provide more than 30 years of experience in criminal cases, including juvenile cases.

What is a Juvenile Delinquent?

A minor, typically between the ages of 10 and 18, who has committed an act that is against the law is considered a juvenile delinquent. In the state of Ohio, a juvenile delinquents interaction with the state’s juvenile courts is defined below:

  • There is no minimum age statute for a child to be judged (adjudicated) a juvenile delinquent.
  • Ohio Rev. Code 2151.011 states Juvenile court presides over crimes committed before minor’s 18th birthday. The child, after 18, is charged in adult court.
  • Code 2151.011(B)(6) states that juvenile court has the power to preside over a juvenile delinquent until age 21, provided the criminal offense allegedly occurred prior to individual turning 18.
  • Ohio Rev. Code 2151.23(I) states a case in which an individual allegedly committed a felony prior to turning 18 and apprehended after 21 cannot be heard by the juvenile court.

What Does A Juvenile Lawyer Do?

In any Juvenile case, a criminal defense attorney must have the same knowledge as if defending an adult. Although the process and charges are different, the law remains the same whether in the juvenile court system or the criminal court system.

Contact Our Akron Juvenile Defense Lawyers Today!

If your child is facing juvenile charges, you will need legal representation to navigate the complexities of the judicial law. No matter what the charge is, the criminal defense lawyers at DiCaudo, Pitchford, and Yoder will strive to achieve the best outcome for your child’s case. Give our firm a call today!