Akron Murder and Manslaughter Attorney
Faced with Manslaughter or Murder Charges in OH?
Murder and manslaughter are extremely serious charges carrying heavy penalties if the individual is convicted, depending on the type of charge. Murder differs from manslaughter in that murder charges require intent, malice aforethought or unintentional killing with a reckless disregard for human life.
Types of Murder Charges
Murder has several classifications:
- Capital Murder refers to first-degree murder with other felony acts such as sexual assault. A conviction for capital murder may attract capital punishment (or the death penalty).
- Aggravated Murder refers to homicide in which the prosecution must prove that the individual had a premeditated intention and design to kill.
- Murder is purposeful killing without premeditation.
Manslaughter Attorney Akron, OH
Different Types of Manslaughter
There are several different types of manslaughter charges that an individual may face:
- Voluntary manslaughter is the unwarranted killing of a person without malice. This will often be 'in the heat of passion' or in some form of self-defense.
- Involuntary manslaughter is when the death of the victim is not the intention of the accused but resulted from some reckless or criminal negligence, an example may be a punch to the face causing death.
- Vehicular manslaughter results from gross negligence while operating a vehicle that results in death.
Defense for Murder & Manslaughter Charges in Akron, OH
If you or a loved one has been charged with murder or manslaughter, you will require experienced legal representation. Despite any shock that may exist surrounding the circumstances leading up to the charges, it is imperative that you obtain quality legal counsel from DiCaudo, Pitchford & Yoder immediately. Beyond being trusted criminal defense lawyers, both Attorney DiCaudo and Attorney Yoder have extensive prosecution experience which give them insight into how the prosecution will build a case and therefore a greater understanding with which to aggressively defend your case. Speak to an Akron murder and manslaughter attorney today.
Contact an Akron murder & manslaughter attorney immediately at (330) 787-9841 if you have been charged with manslaughter or murder. We have the experience and knowledge to aggressively defend your case.