J. Reid Yoder
Related Practice Areas
- Employment and Government Litigation
- Business & Commercial Litigation
- Complex Criminal Defense
- General Counsel & Business Planning Services
J. Reid Yoder, a lifelong resident of Akron, Ohio, has been practicing law in Ohio for twenty years. Attorney Yoder earned his Juris Doctor from the University of Akron School of Law, and also holds a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from the University of Miami.
Upon graduation from law school, Attorney Yoder worked with the City of Akron Prosecutor’s Office for four years, honing his skills as a trial attorney. During that time, he also served as a frequent lecturer at the Akron Police Academy on numerous topics, including criminal procedure and police testimony. In 2007, Attorney Yoder left the Prosecutor’s Office and began his career in private practice.
Attorney Yoder’s law practice is focused on complex criminal defense; including sexual offenses, federal criminal defense, white collar crime and high level felonies. Attorney Yoder has successfully tried over 100 high-profile cases throughout his career.
A member of the Ohio Bar, Kentucky Bar and Pennsylvania Bar, Attorney Yoder is also a member of the Federal Bar Association (Northern District of Ohio chapter). Attorney Yoder was recognized as a Rising Star by the peer review rated Martindale-Hubbard and has been named a Super Lawyer, a recognition given to outstanding lawyers who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement.
Attorney Yoder resides in West Akron, Ohio, with his wife and three children.
- Represents national manufacturers as general counsel and oversees litigation and transactions across the country
- Defends police officers and public entities in civil rights, employment, discrimination and public liability matters
- Represents individuals and companies in civil and criminal matters in both state and federal courts
- Serves as lead counsel for several corporations in their creditor’s rights and collections efforts
- 2003 J.D., The University of Akron, School of Law
- 2000 B.A., Miami University
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Criminal Justice Act